Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Portland home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Portland“. It’s great that we can help many of these sellers sell their house quickly because we’re actively buying houses in Portland Oregon and many other places right now!).
Relocating requires keeping track of an insane amount of details. Plus there’s the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative. But the need to move also brings a dramatic change in your life.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to end up in a situation where you are paying for your old, vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Portland, Oregon things can change, often quickly. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re part of the 1%, you probably can’t afford to wait as long as it takes to use a traditional realtor.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Portland Oregon house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Portland… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making payments on two residences.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or, if you don’t want to use a real estate agent, contact us. We are reputable local house buyers and would love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the dollar amount of how much it costs you to hold onto your old house. The costs include the mortgage, insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. And, if you’re still within the first 10 years of a mortgage, the majority of your payment is interest with almost nothing going to principal. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent you will spend $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs”, plus you will pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees at the sale. The total is $23,200 in LOST money. And this doesn’t even consider the value of your time, your stress worrying about that property, and the opportunity cost of what you could do with that extra money during those 7 months. So the real cost is likely well over $25,000. But, what if you could sell your house next week and avoid all that? Even if you sold for a discount, below the retail price (for say… $175,000)… you’d still be ahead of the game. By !selling your house NOW at a discount to an investor like us, you could be money ahead and losing less sleep at night. Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local real estate agent. If you’d rather not have to wait, and not pay commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got time on your side and a really great property, you could test the market by offering it at a high price. There is a chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love. But in reality most properties are pretty average. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine quality extra-special, you won’t get the most money by pricing at the highest point.
Other options to consider include: renting your property, leasing with and option to buy and financing the deal yourself (if your mortgage will allow it). Call your local Appletree Group LLC investor to discuss how you might want to go about these ideas. We love helping people solve complicated problems. Creative solutions can help you bridge the gap from where you are to where you want to be.
Who Is AppleTree Group LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell?
We are investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses in your local market from home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another. The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who:
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or for a variety of other reasons
We’re passionate about helping people solve their real estate problems and improving our neighborhoods and local communities. We’re honest and straightforward. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash. If you’re prepared to wait and can hire afford professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. But if you just want to cut ties and move on we’re happy to help you find answers.
Fruit From the AppleTree